Wednesday, May 13, 2015

One Month

So, here I am, one month later... still turking!

Quick stats update: I have now submitted 2844 HITs. 2737 are approved, 104 pending, 3 rejected. 

I hit a couple of milestones this week. One evening, I completed 360 HITs... a new one-day record for me. They were "numbers" HITs, penny hits that went fast. I need to keep my eye out for more of them, because the next big goal I'm shooting for is 5000 total approved HITs. 

This was my best week yet, financially speaking. I made about $105. That was partly because I got sick and spent a little extra time on mturk, and partly because of bonuses from Crowdsurf, the requester I'm doing the most work for.

On Friday, I was "promoted" on Crowdsurf. This gave me access to longer, more involved, but higher paying HITs. It's still taking me far too long to work on each task, but I can see how it will get easier as I master the interface (and maybe start working on a desktop system instead of this ultrabook) and become more comfortable with my understanding of their guidelines. Right now, I lose a lot of time double-checking stuff and sometimes even looking it up the Guidelines document. If I can get to the point where my "first pass" at editing is solid enough (and I don't feel like I need to run it through again from the beginning), that will improve my time significantly. But baby steps for now :)

I feel a little bit uneasy about focusing so much on one requester, but honestly, I haven't found any others that appeal to me as much or that have work available pretty much any time I'm looking for it. The bonus structure also pulls you in -- reach certain goals in daily or weekly jobs and the bonus pay works out to be a lot better than the "base" rate. 

My biggest turking test is yet to come: Can I step away from it for a week (I'll be taking a vacation to visit family next week), and then come back to it with the same enthusiasm and commitment? Guess I'll have to wait and see :) But I have one more "solid" week of turking before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment